Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the ECTS credits?
- How can I obtain the specification of relevant ECTS credits for my diploma, certificate, etc.?
- Can I transfer from my current university to EMA and finish my degree there? Is there a way to calculate the credits I have already obtained in my university into the EMA curriculum and let me skip some parts of the programme?
- To how many ECTS credits does the EMA degree correspond?
- I have a bachelor's degree plus a one-year master's degree, a summer course, etc. Is that enough to satisfy the EMA entry requirements?
- Can I complete the degree entry requirements of the EMA programme after the application deadline?
- I have a degree in another discipline than law/social sciences/humanities. Can I still apply for EMA?
- Is EMA an MA or LLM programme?
- What are the language requirements for participating in the EMA programme?
- What are the working languages of the course?
- What kind of language certificate do you accept?
- If I can prove that I carried out my entire university education in English, do I still need to provide a language certificate such as TOEFL or IELTS?
- Can I submit the documents required for application (i.e. reference letters, transcript of records or degree certificate) in French or in my mother tongue?
- Is there an age limit to participate in EMA?
How to Apply
- What is a transcript of records and a Diploma Supplement? Where can I find these?
- Must the copy of my documents be legally notarised or will a normal copy do?
- Is there a specific form for the letters of reference?
- Do the letters have to come from academic referees, i.e. be produced by professors, or can they also be from employers or supervisors?
- Is there a possibility to apply for the programme without having finished the first university degree (for example: applying in March - finishing university in June - starting EMA in autumn)?
- Why do I have to pay the application fee if I am not sure I will be selected?
Fees and financial issues
- What does the tuition fee include?
- How can the tuition fee be paid?
- What other costs, besides the tuition fee and the enrolment fee, will I have to cover?
- Does EIUC provide accommodation for students?
- Does EIUC offer scholarships?
- When must I start the visa procedures?
- For which kind of visa must I apply?
- Who will pay for the visa procedures?
- Besides the Brazilian nationality, I have an Italian one. With what nationality is it better to apply for this programme? Why?
- When and how will I be notified about admission?
- If I am offered a place, can I defer the acceptance and begin the following year?
- If I have participated in a previous selection (unsuccessful or having resigned), having sent the completed set of documents, can it be used or re-considered in order to participate in the following year's selection?